Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AP's on Master Controller

Hi,

I have a wireless network consisting of 12 Local controllers and one Master controller.

I would like to attach AP's to the Master but I can't get an IP address off of an AP attached to it. Is there a reason I could not use the Master for a wireless network in the office?

I can see the SSID on the controller and can get a proper VLAN IP when directly connected to the router (when port is in switchport access mode) but cannot connect to the SSID??

thx for any help.

Re: AP's on Master Controller

You should run a show ap essid and make sure that's the correct VLAN you have attached .

Also do a show profile-errors to see if there's any errors on that VAP 

And last do a show ap active | include <apname> to make sure that the AP is attached to the master 

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

Hi,

Thnaks for the quick reply.....

Yes, the AP is connected to the Master correctly.

I can see the SSID, I am prompted for credentials and can accept the certificate for Radius but after that,,, no IP and no access to wireless....

thx,

Please run the following :

show  ap association client-mac <clientmac>

show auth-tracebuf

logging level debugging user-debug <clientmac> and do show log user-debug all | include <clientmac>

show ip radius nas-ip "make sure that the IP showing after this command is in the radius server"

Also check your radius logs and see the peap failure reason

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Hmmm,, so if I use my guest authenication,,, (no radius) I can connect to the Aruba. On my Master there is no IPsec key entry which is probably why Radius authentication is failing ...... is there a way to enter in the key on a master? Or how is this supposed to be configured?

thx

Guru Elite

The master uses the same key as all of the other controllers.  Just add the master as a radius client on your radius server, with the same key.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

on the master where do you enter in the key? if the controller is in master mode the key text field is not usable (locked)

Just do encrypt disable and then you will be able to see it in clear text

Thank you

Victor Fabian

thanks for the reply.

I know what the key is but there is no way to add it into the text field on the Master.

Basically what I want to do is have the Master work as a Local controller so I can setup Aruba AP's at the office (where the Master is located). Can you use a Master as a local?

I do have another 650 here which I will connect as a local to the master and see if I can get it set up that way.... ??

thx

Guru Elite

Lanman,

The Radius servers are defined and configurable on the master.  If the field is not editable, you are on the local controller or the backup master.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: