Wireless Access

Contributor II

AP's on two different controllers.

If I have an older WLC 6000 series one network and a 7210 on another.

Then I have some existing AP's on the 6000 and I'm adding new 225's on the same network however I want them to join the 7210 controller.  I'm guessing I only have 3 ways:

1) I console into each AP and specify the controller

2) I let them join the old controller and then put them on the new one since the DHCP scope points to the old controller

3) I create a new DHCP scope for the acces points and pointing DHCP option 43 to the new WLC.

Guru Elite

Re: AP's on two different controllers.

Are both controllers in the same master/local cluster or are they separate masters?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

They will both be Master I guess I'm new to Aruba's Master/Local/Cluster concept so bare with me here.

I will be eventually decomissioning the older controller and the 7210 is going to take its place.  So I believe it would also be a separate Master.

Guru Elite

Is one of the controllers providing DHCP for that VLAN the APs are on?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor II

No controller won't be doing the DHCP.

Guru Elite

Then either of the three options will work.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: