Wireless Access

Contributor I

AP103 and Plenum Rating

Hi All

What can i do and cannot do when an AP is not Plenum Rated?

Can i still install it in the ceiling? is it just that i cannot place it between the false ceiling and hard ceiling?

Thanks

Harry

Guru Elite

Re: AP103 and Plenum Rating

You can't install it in a plenum space. You'd want to check with local building code. Not all drop ceilings require plenum.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

Resurrecting older thread here. I understand the 103 isn't rated for plenum, but I guess I'm not entirely clear what that entails. Would this disqualify it from being used in a residential attic? For example, mounted to rafters?

Network Engineer | Airhead | Titus 3:5
Guru Elite

Clayman,

Is there somewhere that you saw the Ap-103 is not rated for plenum?
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

Colin, yes. In the AP product line matrix it shows that the 103's are not plenum rated.

Guru Elite

Please point me to the URL so that I can forward it to product marketing.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/MAT_AP.pdf

Is that inaccurate? 

Guru Elite

It has to be double-checked because the datasheet says it is plenum rated.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_AP103Series.pdf

Guru Elite

It is plenum rated.  The AP Matrix needs to be fixed.  Thanks for pointing that out.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: