Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

AP105 in warehouse deployment

30 foot ceilings, warehouse environment, laptops and RF guns will be connecting.  AP's will be ceiling mounted.  Will AP 105's internal antenna be enough for this?  Or should I go with AP 104 with external antennas?

Contributor II

Re: AP105 in warehouse deployment

I believe the AP-105 internal antennas should work fine especially with the 30' ceilings.

Contributor I

Warehouse environments can be tricky, particularly depending on what type of inventory is being held. Things like cloth, liquids, or heavy metal objects are very unforgiving to RF. This is made worse if inventory racks reach all the way to the ceiling. I've done surveys for warehouse environments where omnidirectional antennae work great; and others where I needed to use directional antennae and shoot them straight down the aisles in order to provide the best coverage.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it works out!

- Jay
Guru Elite

magnumpi83 wrote:

I believe the AP-105 internal antennas should work fine especially with the 30' ceilings.

+1 on the AP105s.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

Ultimately it depends on the inventory, placement, and row lengths...but I did a recent warehouse deployment with AP-105s ceiling mounted.  The warehouse was 850,000 square feet with 50 foot ceilings.  The AP-105s are performing great in this particular environment.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Occasional Contributor II

Hi all, is there a known (approx) rule of thumb regarding the number of APs per area? Just to start with a number and then work from there.
The warehouse will have 30 ft racks and one would expect them to be loaded to the top
This project is in the very beginning, the warehouse is not even built yet by my customer needs to budget something close to the final figure
Guru Elite

Try the Retail VRD here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/DG_Retail_Wireless.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

?? Warehouse is complete

thanks Colin, I´ve seen it already, I think it´s very helpful.

the warehouse has not been built yet

RR8 wrote:

?? Warehouse is complete

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: