Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP134 with dual element antenna

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP134 with dual element antenna

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2013 10:34 AM

Hi,

I would like to be able to connect a dual element antenna to an AP134 (or AP114) and was wondering what connectors to use, if I set MCS to 0-15?

The reasons for this is that the gain and beamwidth I need is only provided by dual-element antennas.  I know I can use the AP104, but I'd need separate antennas for each band, and then mounts, lightening arrestors etc.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: AP134 with dual element antenna

Posted Sep 11, 2013 08:53 PM

Not a recommended/best-practices deployment.  Sounds like you already know that of course. 

That's a large investment (north of $1K) to get something in place that really isn't ever going to operate at it's full potential.

What are the gain and beamwidth that you need on each Band ?

Perhaps we can brainstorm up an alternative approach.

JF

• 3.  RE: AP134 with dual element antenna

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2013 02:36 AM

I need something like the AP-ANT-18 but an outdoor version with N-type connectors.  The AP will be inside with the antenna on the outside of the building.

It will be a mesh portal, meshing with an AP175 but I still need the client coverage, otherwise I'd use the AP92.

Although the AP104 is a good choice, the extra antenna, mount kit and 2 x lightening arrestors makes it more expensive than a single AP134 with antenna.

So, I'm thinking to use the ANT-2X2-D607, but with only two elements, which connectors to use on the AP134 (or AP114) if I can configure it to use only two chains or MCS0-15?

Appreciate the advice.

• 4.  RE: AP134 with dual element antenna

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2013 10:32 AM

any ideas on this?