Wireless Access

New Contributor

AP215

I upgraded my 7240 comtrollers to 6.4.2.2 and I upgraded Airwave to 8.0.5 for the AP 215. The controllers see the AP215 but airwave will not discover the AP 215. What am I missing?
Guru Elite

Re: AP215

Are all of your controllers in AirWave?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba

If the AP-215 is up on the controller and AirWave is monitoring that controller, AirWave should detect it on the next polling interval; and place it under the New Devices section.     Have you tried to manually poll your controller to force it to show?

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

Yes
New Contributor

The controllers still detect new AP 135 that are connected
Aruba

AirWave 8.0.4 supports the AP-214/215.  If the AP is up on the controller and the controller is monitored (and successfully polling), then it should appear within AirWave during the next or force poll.

• Is this a new AP-215; or was it online prior to your upgrade to AirWave 8.0.5?
  • Do you have another AP-215 to try?
  • Can you check the System Event Log in AMP and the Poll logs for that controller to see if there are any polling messages?
  • Can you confirm that you don't have any "new devices" set to "ignore"?   Click View Ignored Devices under New Devices.
------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

New Contributor

I did a manual poll of the controllers and it found the 2 AP 215s that were connected.  So I plugged in another AP 215 and it auto discovered it.  So I'm not sure the cause but it appears to be working again.

Thanks for your help

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: