Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

Posted Feb 20, 2014 08:59 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a 3x3 mimo external antenna for an aruba ap224 that is wireless ac not just n.

But from what I can see on the compatibility guide the RP-SMA connectors only cover to wireless n.

Can anybody help me or point the way please.

• 2.  RE: AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

Posted Feb 20, 2014 11:23 AM

Take a look at the Ordering Guide for the recommended antennas for the AP-224:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/OG_AP-220.pdf.   But to sum it up; there is no "ac" antenna vs. an "n" antenna for the 224.

224-antenna.png

• 3.  RE: AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

Posted Mar 21, 2014 03:35 PM

Given that antenna chart is there a "preferred" antenna for AP-224 that could be used in campus auditoriums and academic buildings?

• 4.  RE: AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2014 10:02 AM

mldickson,

That depends on the pattern you are looking for.  If you are just mounting the AP225 on the ceiling, you can just use the AP225, instead of external antennas, because they work fine at even 30 feet above.  Is there a specific scenario you are looking to deploy?

#AP225

• 5.  RE: AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

Posted Mar 24, 2014 12:26 PM

Hi Colin,

We have a new classroom building on campus that for various reasons was pre-cabled for wall mounted APs. We cannot move the cabling, so we need to use wall mounted APs.

On the upper floors (fac/staff offices) we are planning to use AP-114s with AP-ANT-1B antenna. For the actual classrooms, where density and bandwidth are more important, we plan to use AP-224s. Classroom sizes range from 30 seats to 350 seats. The target audience for these APs are the room in which they're installed so here I'd say range is probably less important.

Mike