Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a 3x3 mimo external antenna for an aruba ap224 that is wireless ac not just n.

But from what I can see on the compatibility guide the RP-SMA connectors only cover to wireless n.

Can anybody help me or point the way please.

Aruba

Re: AP224 RP-SMA antenna that are ac compatible

Take a look at the Ordering Guide for the recommended antennas for the AP-224:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/products/OG_AP-220.pdf.   But to sum it up; there is no "ac" antenna vs. an "n" antenna for the 224.

224-antenna.png

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Regular Contributor I

Given that antenna chart is there a "preferred" antenna for AP-224 that could be used in campus auditoriums and academic buildings?

Guru Elite

mldickson,

That depends on the pattern you are looking for.  If you are just mounting the AP225 on the ceiling, you can just use the AP225, instead of external antennas, because they work fine at even 30 feet above.  Is there a specific scenario you are looking to deploy?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Hi Colin,

We have a new classroom building on campus that for various reasons was pre-cabled for wall mounted APs. We cannot move the cabling, so we need to use wall mounted APs.

On the upper floors (fac/staff offices) we are planning to use AP-114s with AP-ANT-1B antenna. For the actual classrooms, where density and bandwidth are more important, we plan to use AP-224s. Classroom sizes range from 30 seats to 350 seats. The target audience for these APs are the room in which they're installed so here I'd say range is probably less important.

Mike

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: