Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

Posted Apr 07, 2015 11:55 AM

HI

At one of the sites, the customer is using AP93h, AP92 and AP93 with 650 controller.

As all the above mentioned APs have single radio and by default they are working on 2.4 GHz. As per the customer requirment we have to enable the 5Ghz.

I am trying to enable the 11a radio profile also tried the following commands on CLI

ap system-profile <nameofprofile>
      rf-band "a"

But still the Aps are working on 2.4GHz and not switching the band.

currently the controller is running on 6.4

i have tried the above method on the other controllers which works perfectly fine but i am not sure what exactly the problem is or may be some limitation on 650 which i am not aware of.

Please let me know if some one ran into the same problem.

• 2.  RE: AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 07, 2015 11:58 AM
    Please make sure that your Virtual AP (s) are not restricted to g only.

• 3.  RE: AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

Posted Apr 07, 2015 12:44 PM

Hi,

Check the VAP profile , Advance config as shown bellow, it should be either all or a.

BAnd1.png

• 4.  RE: AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

Posted Apr 07, 2015 01:18 PM

yes it is selected all i have also tried with a 

• 5.  RE: AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

Posted Apr 07, 2015 01:35 PM

I am not sure if the APs ARM settings have any effect on this? If you have client aware enabled, perhaps the APs are not switching channels until no one is connected?

Just throwing it out there, I'm not sure if a manual band change is reliant on ARM Client aware settings, or if the change would happen regardless or ARMs config.

Have you tried to reboot an AP to see if it forces the change?

_ELiasz

• 6.  RE: AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

Posted Apr 07, 2015 01:40 PM

Hi,

Client aware is no where concern with radio band. it will effect Channel change. but we can try once by disabling ARM on radios. just a try.

if not open a ticket with TAC.

• 7.  RE: AP93h 5Ghz is not coming up

Posted Apr 07, 2015 01:49 PM

Yeah it's a long shot. I would say the best test would be to reboot the AP, but if thats not possible try to disable ARM. If still not working, dig into it further with TAC.

_ELiasz