Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

Posted May 31, 2017 05:47 AM

Hi there,

Short explanation: We got a few APIN0205 in our network managed by a vitual controller. We wanted to add another one. 

We did the usual configuration on this one as on all the other ones. Ever AP is the same --> APIN0205.

After we connect the AP with our network we get the message on the virtual controller: AP register fail because of regulatory domain mismatch.

If i get it correctly, this means that the country code is set wrong. I can see its set to US instead of RW (DE for me) (On the label of the AP its W-IAP205-RW).

Sadly i couldn't find any solution for this. Whats the best way to get the AP to work. I tried it resetting countless times. Everytime the same behaviour.

Thanks for the support :)

Greets Pkey

• 2.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 31, 2017 06:21 AM

Are you certain this is a ROW IAP? In theory you shouldn't be able to set a ROW IAP to a US IAP. Only a US IAP can be set to US. If you boot up the suspected US IAP on its on without any configuration and run #show summary what does domain state?

• 3.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

Posted May 31, 2017 08:07 AM
      |   view attached

Hi there, thanks for this rapid answer.

Heres the output you need:

34:fc:b9:c0:cb:20# show summary

Name :instant-C0:CB:20
    System Location :
    Domain :US
    VC IP Address :0.0.0.0
    VC VLAN :0
    VC Mask :0.0.0.0
    VC Gateway :0.0.0.0
    Content Filtering :disable
    Terminal Access :enable
    Telnet Server :disable

See the picture i added shows its an RW AP not an US AP or something else. If you say it shouldn't be like this then the only answer is to replace it with a correct AP.

But if you got any further suggestions feel free to spam it here :)

Thanks

Pkey

• 4.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 31, 2017 08:16 AM

Hey,  are you 100% certain this is an Aruba branded AP? The domain certainly says the US. You might need to speak to TAC  the wrong type of AP has been sent.

• 5.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

Posted May 31, 2017 09:26 AM

I am certainly sure that this is an Aruba (Dell) AP.

Here are the full pictures from the AP.

And just to know, we bought 4 APs together. 3 Worked like a charm, just this one thinks hes special :)

Well, could you explain me what a TAC is? I don't know this term.

Still many thanks for the help.

Kudos incoming ;D

Pkey

• 6.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 31, 2017 09:33 AM

Haha yes, there is always a special one! TAC is just Aruba TAC, they can be reached on the numbers below.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

I'm wondering  if it is as simple as having a ROW sticker on it as opposed to US. They should be able to check their records.

• 7.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

Posted May 31, 2017 09:43 AM

Many thanks for the information.

I will try to contact them and see if they can give me any further explanation.

I will keep the thread updated so that people with the same problem can find it a solution faster.

Pkey

• 8.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

MVP
    Posted May 31, 2017 10:14 AM

I know mixups sometimes happen.

Several years ago I got shipped a controller that was labeled 3600 but was really a 3400. Our sales account team resolved the issue for us.

• 9.  RE: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

Posted May 31, 2017 11:02 AM

Seems like my superior already knew it -.-

He ordered new ones. Seems like the problem really is that they did the configuration wrong.

-Pkey