Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

Hi there,

Short explanation: We got a few APIN0205 in our network managed by a vitual controller. We wanted to add another one. 

We did the usual configuration on this one as on all the other ones. Ever AP is the same --> APIN0205.

After we connect the AP with our network we get the message on the virtual controller: AP register fail because of regulatory domain mismatch.

If i get it correctly, this means that the country code is set wrong. I can see its set to US instead of RW (DE for me) (On the label of the AP its W-IAP205-RW).

Sadly i couldn't find any solution for this. Whats the best way to get the AP to work. I tried it resetting countless times. Everytime the same behaviour.

Thanks for the support :)

Greets Pkey

Re: APIN0205 regulatory domain mismatch

Are you certain this is a ROW IAP? In theory you shouldn't be able to set a ROW IAP to a US IAP. Only a US IAP can be set to US. If you boot up the suspected US IAP on its on without any configuration and run #show summary what does domain state?

ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor I

Hi there, thanks for this rapid answer.

Heres the output you need:

34:fc:b9:c0:cb:20# show summary

Name :instant-C0:CB:20
System Location :
Domain :US
VC IP Address :0.0.0.0
VC VLAN :0
VC Mask :0.0.0.0
VC Gateway :0.0.0.0
Content Filtering :disable
Terminal Access :enable
Telnet Server :disable

See the picture i added shows its an RW AP not an US AP or something else. If you say it shouldn't be like this then the only answer is to replace it with a correct AP.

But if you got any further suggestions feel free to spam it here :)

Thanks

Pkey

Hey,  are you 100% certain this is an Aruba branded AP? The domain certainly says the US. You might need to speak to TAC  the wrong type of AP has been sent.

ACMA, ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

I am certainly sure that this is an Aruba (Dell) AP.

Here are the full pictures from the AP.

And just to know, we bought 4 APs together. 3 Worked like a charm, just this one thinks hes special :)

Well, could you explain me what a TAC is? I don't know this term.

Still many thanks for the help.

Kudos incoming ;D

Pkey

Haha yes, there is always a special one! TAC is just Aruba TAC, they can be reached on the numbers below.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

I'm wondering  if it is as simple as having a ROW sticker on it as opposed to US. They should be able to check their records.

ACMA, ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

Many thanks for the information.

I will try to contact them and see if they can give me any further explanation.

I will keep the thread updated so that people with the same problem can find it a solution faster.

Pkey

Contributor II

I know mixups sometimes happen.

Several years ago I got shipped a controller that was labeled 3600 but was really a 3400. Our sales account team resolved the issue for us.

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP
Occasional Contributor I

Seems like my superior already knew it -.-

He ordered new ones. Seems like the problem really is that they did the configuration wrong.

-Pkey

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: