Wireless Access

New Contributor

APs/Devices display Configuration Error

APs/Devices display Configuration Error

I am trying to resolve an issue with APs/Devices not displaying configuration errors. When I try to import the configuration I receive the errors in the log below. Is this because I have managment mode to monitor and not to read/write?

Time	User	Event
Wed Mar 4 10:57:57 2015	System	Status changed to 'OK'
Wed Mar 4 10:55:12 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
...omitted 7 duplicate messages...
Wed Mar 4 10:53:12 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
Wed Mar 4 10:53:12 2015	System	Status changed to 'Error fetching existing configuration'
Wed Mar 4 10:52:57 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
Wed Mar 4 10:52:56 2015	System	Status changed to 'OK'
Wed Mar 4 10:52:47 2015	admin	Import device settings
Wed Mar 4 10:51:41 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
Wed Mar 4 10:51:41 2015	System	Configuration status changed to 'Too many errors fetching existing configuration'
Wed Mar 4 10:51:27 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
...omitted 7 duplicate messages...

Guru Elite

Re: APs/Devices display Configuration Error

It could be that the username and password credentials are missing or incorrect.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I added the appropriate credentials to the scan set within the tabbed area for Device Setup/Discover. Unfortunatley I still see the same results. I wonder if it has to do with my configuration being set to monitor only?

Have audits ever been successful?  Take a single controller, try to run an audit.  From the CLI, tail -f /var/log/ap/(ap_id)/*  or more specifically, the audit.log.  This will give you more details into the interaction with the controller during the audit period.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
MVP

It sounds like you've already "discovered" the device, and it's in the database now (but not getting the configuration read) - Take a look at the credentials on the device's "management" tab.

See if the credentials Airwave has for the deivce match what you have configured on the device.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: