Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

APs/Devices display Configuration Error

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  APs/Devices display Configuration Error

Posted Mar 04, 2015 11:17 AM

APs/Devices display Configuration Error

I am trying to resolve an issue with APs/Devices not displaying configuration errors. When I try to import the configuration I receive the errors in the log below. Is this because I have managment mode to monitor and not to read/write?

Time	User	Event
    Wed Mar 4 10:57:57 2015	System	Status changed to 'OK'
    Wed Mar 4 10:55:12 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
    ...omitted 7 duplicate messages...
    Wed Mar 4 10:53:12 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
    Wed Mar 4 10:53:12 2015	System	Status changed to 'Error fetching existing configuration'
    Wed Mar 4 10:52:57 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
    Wed Mar 4 10:52:56 2015	System	Status changed to 'OK'
    Wed Mar 4 10:52:47 2015	admin	Import device settings
    Wed Mar 4 10:51:41 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
    Wed Mar 4 10:51:41 2015	System	Configuration status changed to 'Too many errors fetching existing configuration'
    Wed Mar 4 10:51:27 2015	System	Configuration verification: failed to read configuration from device
    ...omitted 7 duplicate messages...

• 2.  RE: APs/Devices display Configuration Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2015 04:52 PM
    It could be that the username and password credentials are missing or incorrect.

• 3.  RE: APs/Devices display Configuration Error

Posted Mar 13, 2015 09:04 AM

I added the appropriate credentials to the scan set within the tabbed area for Device Setup/Discover. Unfortunatley I still see the same results. I wonder if it has to do with my configuration being set to monitor only?

• 4.  RE: APs/Devices display Configuration Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2015 03:41 PM

Have audits ever been successful?  Take a single controller, try to run an audit.  From the CLI, tail -f /var/log/ap/(ap_id)/*  or more specifically, the audit.log.  This will give you more details into the interaction with the controller during the audit period.

• 5.  RE: APs/Devices display Configuration Error

Posted Mar 16, 2015 03:06 PM

It sounds like you've already "discovered" the device, and it's in the database now (but not getting the configuration read) - Take a look at the credentials on the device's "management" tab.

See if the credentials Airwave has for the deivce match what you have configured on the device.