Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

APs at half duplex

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  APs at half duplex

Posted Oct 15, 2014 02:22 PM

Over the last few days we have noticed that many of our access points are running at 100/half. These APs were running fine at 1g/full for quite a while. We have a mix of 105s and 225s with this issue and they are in different buildings.

The only common denominator is the controller and we have recently hit our licensed limit for APs and we had to turn off some APs to let more important ones come up and I'm wondering if that would have anything to do with it... 

Has anyone else seen this issue?

• 2.  RE: APs at half duplex

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:00 PM

Did you change anything in the ethernet interface link profile?  Perhaps it's an issue with the uplink switch?

• 3.  RE: APs at half duplex
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 05:48 AM

@Yann wrote:

Over the last few days we have noticed that many of our access points are running at 100/half. These APs were running fine at 1g/full for quite a while. We have a mix of 105s and 225s with this issue and they are in different buildings.

The only common denominator is the controller and we have recently hit our licensed limit for APs and we had to turn off some APs to let more important ones come up and I'm wondering if that would have anything to do with it... 

Has anyone else seen this issue?

On the commandline of your controller, I would type "show audit-trail" to see what you might have changed that would have caused your issue.

• 4.  RE: APs at half duplex

Posted Oct 16, 2014 09:02 AM

Thanks cjoseph,

Using the audit-trail I realized that that I changed the default wired AP port settings by accident. Everything is all fine now.