Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

APs not joining the new controller firmware

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  APs not joining the new controller firmware

Posted Feb 15, 2018 03:11 AM

Hello,

I had an out-of the box 7010 controller with 22x 207 IAPs. The controller was at first 6.4 somthing and when i did try to convert the IAPs to campus mode and typed the ip of the controller an error message appeard saying something link Image error or mismatch or something then i downloaded the latesed firmware 8.2.0.2. The IAPs converted without an error. So I provisined all of them and joined them to a group then i hit a snag where when creating an WLAN error says "invalid charachter ^" or something and the SSID weren't broadcasting. After that i did a very stupid thing i "wirte erase all" and downgraded to 6.5. Which solved the problem on 1x IAP after resetting it. now i see the IAPs on the controller but i can't do anything to them i can't provision or join to a different group or anything.

The big question is there a way to make the IAPs work with my current firware without reseting it ?

• 2.  RE: APs not joining the new controller firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 03:34 AM

After you downgraded the controller to 6.5, did you install licenses on it?

• 3.  RE: APs not joining the new controller firmware

Posted Feb 15, 2018 03:40 AM

Yes i did. I also forgot to mention that the IAPs appears with there last info like the name of the group i joined them on 8.2.0.2.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: APs not joining the new controller firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2018 04:03 AM

I would try reprovisioning it to the default group, or one that exists.

• 5.  RE: APs not joining the new controller firmware
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2018 03:49 AM
    Solved it. I just made A record in the dns and configured the domain-name and dns options in the DHCP. And they all came back to me on the controller. I thought while converting the AP, the cont address stays on the ap.
    Sorry guys and thanks for your help.