Wireless Access

New Contributor

APs not joining the new controller firmware

Hello,

I had an out-of the box 7010 controller with 22x 207 IAPs. The controller was at first 6.4 somthing and when i did try to convert the IAPs to campus mode and typed the ip of the controller an error message appeard saying something link Image error or mismatch or something then i downloaded the latesed firmware 8.2.0.2. The IAPs converted without an error. So I provisined all of them and joined them to a group then i hit a snag where when creating an WLAN error says "invalid charachter ^" or something and the SSID weren't broadcasting. After that i did a very stupid thing i "wirte erase all" and downgraded to 6.5. Which solved the problem on 1x IAP after resetting it. now i see the IAPs on the controller but i can't do anything to them i can't provision or join to a different group or anything.

The big question is there a way to make the IAPs work with my current firware without reseting it ?

Guru Elite

Re: APs not joining the new controller firmware

After you downgraded the controller to 6.5, did you install licenses on it?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Yes i did. I also forgot to mention that the IAPs appears with there last info like the name of the group i joined them on 8.2.0.2.

Thanks

Guru Elite

I would try reprovisioning it to the default group, or one that exists.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: