Wireless Access

MVP

ARM and Noise Threshold in 6.4.x

The 'Noise Threshold' option in ARM profiles is no longer available. What is the method administrators are to influence ARM to channelize around channels with high noise floors? I realize Channel Quality is available, however, channel quality in our case is decent. The problem is the noise floor influences client SNR, which in turn can influence premature roaming and/or flapping.

Ideas?

==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Guru Elite

Re: ARM and Noise Threshold in 6.4.x

[ Edited ]

I want to say that Channel Quality Aware does ingest noise as one of its factors:  https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-channel-quality-aware-ARM-How-is-it-configured/ta-p/184364

Is this noise for 2.4ghz or 5ghz that you are having problems with?  If it was for 5ghz, which device is causing the issue?

I think the understanding is that noise alone is not the best determing factor for a channel and more factors should be used to understand how good or bad things are...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

5ghz. Haven't triangulated the source yet in the classroom.

I agree there are more factors to consider but when there's a high noise floor, the lowering of client SNR is problematic, and the AP staying on that channel is less than ideal. How accurate/real-time are the ch.Qualitty values in rf-summary?

- Ryan -
(sent while mobile)
==========
Ryan Holland, ACDX #1 ACMX #1
The Ohio State University
Guru Elite

Ryan wrote:
5ghz. Haven't triangulated the source yet in the classroom.

I agree there are more factors to consider but when there's a high noise floor, the lowering of client SNR is problematic, and the AP staying on that channel is less than ideal. How accurate/real-time are the ch.Qualitty values in rf-summary?

Good Question.  Let me try to find out.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: