Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ARM configuration and AIR Monitors

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ARM configuration and AIR Monitors

Posted May 30, 2012 06:17 PM

Well, Im getting back to Aruba after almost 3 years, and I have issues with a production network were we are facing performance problems with the users:

I mean, slow rates going from the user to the controllers testing radio

I used to know that to have ARM really working we need to place and AIR Monitor nead our APs in order to have the IPS license and the Air Monitor working in the automatic channel and power selection.

could you please guide me and let me know if I'm right, I'm wrong or if I just can go ahead in my 3.4.0.x code version and assign anf RF management profile to have ARM working? We have a/g radios and need to confirm this.

I remember that the only way to have ARM working on an AP with 2 radios was to have for example Radio a without users connected or associated and radio g with users, but ARM only wa able to work in the A radio as it doesnt have users connected.

Hope that you can understand my point. My point is Do we need Air monitors placed to ensure that ARM can work?

Please let me know.

I Appreciate it.

• 2.  RE: ARM configuration and AIR Monitors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2012 06:24 PM

- You do not need dedicated Air monitors or to dedicate a radio on an access point for ARM to work.

- Your performance issue is probably the result of broadcasts on your wireless network.  You probably need to enable broadcast filtering on your Virtual APs to deal with this issue.

• 3.  RE: ARM configuration and AIR Monitors

Posted May 31, 2012 07:08 PM

Do I need to enable it on the RF management profile?

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: ARM configuration and AIR Monitors

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2012 07:21 PM

it should work automatically, unless you have "maintain" or "disabled" in your ARM profile.