Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ARM self healing aruba

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  ARM self healing aruba

Posted Apr 20, 2015 11:56 AM

I can't find materials about ARM self healing aruba

Can you suggest me

Thank you

• 2.  RE: ARM self healing aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2015 12:29 PM
    ARM uses the coverage index (how much coverage an access point can see from its own access points) to determine if power on an access point should be increased. This was a bigger issue back in the days, when most deployments were for coverage instead of density. These days, there is so much density in deployments, access points will see that there is enough coverage and do nothing. If you have a sparse deployment and an access point is not limited by its max TX power, it will raise the power if another access point is out of service and it determines it can increase the coverage.

• 3.  RE: ARM self healing aruba

Posted Apr 20, 2015 10:23 PM

I think, Do you mean feature channel and power selection on ARM ???

• 4.  RE: ARM self healing aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2015 12:30 PM
    What exactly are you looking for?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: ARM self healing aruba

Posted Apr 20, 2015 10:27 PM

Hi TIM,

I need material for prepare ACMA 6.3 testing and I see ARM self healing TOPIC that it include exam referencce guide.

Thank you

• 6.  RE: ARM self healing aruba

Posted Apr 23, 2015 03:06 PM

don't have a source or such, but looking at the name i think they mean that if you use ARM and one AP fails then ARM will recalculate and let the neighbour APs transmit with a little extra power to try to cover the hole that the failed AP caused. this of course only when there are enough APs around that aren't on max power yet.