Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

ARM self healing aruba

I can't find materials about ARM self healing aruba

Can you suggest me

Thank you

Guru Elite

Re: ARM self healing aruba

ARM uses the coverage index (how much coverage an access point can see from its own access points) to determine if power on an access point should be increased. This was a bigger issue back in the days, when most deployments were for coverage instead of density. These days, there is so much density in deployments, access points will see that there is enough coverage and do nothing. If you have a sparse deployment and an access point is not limited by its max TX power, it will raise the power if another access point is out of service and it determines it can increase the coverage.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

What exactly are you looking for?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

I think, Do you mean feature channel and power selection on ARM ???

Frequent Contributor I

Hi TIM,

I need material for prepare ACMA 6.3 testing and I see ARM self healing TOPIC that it include exam referencce guide.

Thank you

MVP

don't have a source or such, but looking at the name i think they mean that if you use ARM and one AP fails then ARM will recalculate and let the neighbour APs transmit with a little extra power to try to cover the hole that the failed AP caused. this of course only when there are enough APs around that aren't on max power yet.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: