Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

ARUBA IAP cannot resolve internal DNS

Hi, I have configured Aruba IAP in our office. We have 2 SSID 1 for Guest auth with internal captive portal & 1 for internal users with preshared key auth. After connecting to wifi user can able to serf the internet. DNS gets resolved only for external address. But user cannot resolve the internal web address as we have few internal web pages in our env. Same works fine with Ip address. And same we can access if the machine is on Ethernet. Same way wifi & wifi users cannot communicate with Domain server as well. On wifi user is able to ping & reach the DNS server but still not able to resolve the internal address. Pls help me out to resolve the issue. Thanks & regards, Dev
Guru Elite

Re: ARUBA IAP cannot resolve internal DNS

dev.palan wrote:
Hi, I have configured Aruba IAP in our office. We have 2 SSID 1 for Guest auth with internal captive portal & 1 for internal users with preshared key auth. After connecting to wifi user can able to serf the internet. DNS gets resolved only for external address. But user cannot resolve the internal web address as we have few internal web pages in our env. Same works fine with Ip address. And same we can access if the machine is on Ethernet. Same way wifi & wifi users cannot communicate with Domain server as well. On wifi user is able to ping & reach the DNS server but still not able to resolve the internal address. Pls help me out to resolve the issue. Thanks & regards, Dev

What is providing dhcp for those clients?  Is the DHCP server providing your internal DHCP suffix to those clients?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

there is no DHCP in env. All are static. even i've configured Internal DNS in IAP but still not working. Same thing works properly with wired network.

Guru Elite

dev.palan wrote:

there is no DHCP in env. All are static. even i've configured Internal DNS in IAP but still not working. Same thing works properly with wired network.

On your clients, you need to provide a "search domain" so that instead of sending just "host" to your DNS server, it sends "host.domain" OR you might need to turn on netbios.  

It can be extremely painful to use and troubleshoot static ip addresses;  is it because you only have a few clients?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Netbios is already enable on machine.... Web page itself is hostname.domain:8080....

But same works properly with wired network...

Guru Elite

Are you suppressing broadcasts on that wireless network?  Netbios needs this to function.

Colin Joseph

no.. not such broadcast in wireless as we have just a month ago installed it. For same i m surprised as it is workin in wired where my more number of users are working. I've hardly 10 users who are using wifi and they are from Management authority so need to resolve soon. :(

Guru Elite

Please check the parameter here:

bcast.jpg

Colin Joseph

I dont have option in IAP 105. Ive only Hide SSID, Bandwith limit & Band option.

Version 5.0.3.0-1.1.0.1_29974

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: