Wireless Access

Contributor I

Abandoned - ip dhcp

Dear All,

I have created dhcp pool of /24 and excluded 5 ip addresses. When i put show ip dhcp statistics command, i am seeing ip's are blocked under abandoned leases and new ap's are not joining. controller model is 7210 and version is 6.4.2.9. Plz help

Guru Elite

Re: Abandoned - ip dhcp

How many free leases do you have?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

We have 5 ip's exluded from /24. and 243 ap's registered to the controllers. We are trying to add 2 more ap's now.

Guru Elite

Again, how many free leases do you hàve?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

7 ip's

Guru Elite

You should get a console cable and plug it into the access point and see if it is getting an IP address.

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

I have tried console and found no ip received. Also connected laptop to that and got APIPA ipaddress. But i noticed ip's were going to abandoned leases from free and not getting released.What situation ip's will go under abandoned leases?

Guru Elite

I would try to ping the abandoned leases.  An abandoned lease is a lease that the DHCP server tries to assign, but it responds to a ping.  http://linux.die.net/man/5/dhcpd.conf

Your scope does not leave you enough flexibility if a devices with static ip addresses takes your leases away from you.  If you only have access points on that subnet, you should 1.  Clear all of your ip address bindings, (2) reboot all of your access points and see what leases get re-used

1.  clear ip dhcp binding

2.  apboot all local 

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: