Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

Posted Dec 11, 2012 02:35 PM

Hi,

I was looking for a way to get a detailed report or output or something that can show me for example the following:

Need to be able to see the device events for a particular RAP pertaining specifically to the AP GRE tunnel uptime vs downtime for a specified amount of time (e.g. 2 weeks ago until today)

The device uptime report does not seem to go into detail of every occasion the AP goes offline/online. Like a line by line item.

Is this possible?

Can I generate this by hand somewhere else, through logs? The syslogs & traps shows some information but not all.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated...

• 2.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

Posted Dec 11, 2012 02:54 PM

Does a notification for email works for you or you need a report report of it?

• 3.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

Posted Dec 11, 2012 03:41 PM

Unfortunately, I need some sort of report to be produced.

I need something that can show me a line by line item report of when the AP bootstrapped or rebooted or went offline, any of the 3.

if I report on a specific AP, and I know the AP went offline 10 times in the last week, if I run this report, I would see 10 line items for the week

• 4.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 12, 2012 11:52 AM

I opened a TAC case and for this and they advised me that this feature does not exist and I should request a feature request.

I will do that as soon as they fix my partner account, I cannot seem to access that section anymore.

Currently Airwave can only do the Device Uptime Report.

TAC's Response:

Currently the option which we have on Airwave would be device uptime report(which you already know). In that when we run a report for “Downtime For Aruba Thin APs” we get the downtime for the device however, it shows only the duration for how long the APs were down.

Bummer...

• 5.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

Posted Dec 12, 2012 11:53 AM

Thank you very much for sharing the information with the community!

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

Posted Dec 12, 2012 11:59 AM

Not a problem.

Once I post the feature request, I will share it on this thread.

EDIT: I also discovered that the Device Events table that you see at the bottom of a particular device within AMP can only store 2Mbytes worth of information, after that it gets wiped out.

Good to know as if you are trying to see events from 3 weeks ago, you might not have them if there are too many events for that particular device.

• 7.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2012 04:39 PM

Reporting for RAP Tunnel up/downtime is not currently possible within AMP.  There's currently no SNMP MIB or trap or event/syslog message that relays information of the GRE tunnel status to AMP.  Be sure to file this in the Ideas Portal on the support website.

• 8.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

Posted Dec 14, 2012 08:22 AM

Will do.

My partner account for some reason disabled my access to the ideas portal. Case opened to have it fixed.

• 9.  RE: Ability to report on RAP Tunnel Downtime/Uptime.

Posted Jan 03, 2013 07:43 AM

Just posted the idea on the portal guys.

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08740000000LBw3

Feel free to promote if you find useful