Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:16 AM

Hi community,

I have found in IRIS within Mobility Controller > ArubaOS tab the LIC-ENT license bundle which includes one each: LIC-AP, LIC-PEF, LIC-RFP, LIC-AW. The LIC-AW is for AirWave. I have 100 APs and 2 controllers. 

1. If I purchase the LIC-ENT license, will I get separate license keys which I will enter in the controller and license keys which I will enter in AirWave?
    2. If I want to manage both the APs and controllers from AirWave, shall I select 100 LIC-ENT Within Mobility Controller > ArubaOS tab and 2 LIC-AW AirWave licenses independently for the controllers? Because if I select 102 LIC-ENT I will waste two LIC-AP, LIC-PEF, LIC-RFP licenses.

Am I correct?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:35 AM
    You need 100 ENT for your APs and 2 AW for the controllers

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:40 AM

Hi Victor Fabian,

Ok, then I will get 100 LIC-ENT licenses from the controller item and 2 LIC-AW from the AirWave Licenses item. About my first question am I correct?

1. If I purchase the LIC-ENT license, will I get separate license keys which I will enter in the controller and license keys which I will enter in AirWave?

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:47 AM
    In the HPE portal you will have the option to select the amount of licenses you want to activate for a particular controller

• 5.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi,

Ok, but will I also have the option to activate the licenses for AirWave LIC-AW in the HPE Portal and then get the license keys which I enter in the AirWave server?

Thanks for your interest,

Julian 

• 6.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:56 AM

When you log into the license portal to activate you will get individual codes for each of the function licenses as well as your airwave licenses.  

• 7.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:49 AM

Enterprise license just makes ordering the licenses easier.  You will still have to add individual function licenses to the controller.  

• 8.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 10:59 AM

Hi chadteal,

Yes, I know that. The only confusion I have is with LIC-ENT you have licenses for the controller and licenses for AirWave, and I want to be sure and I guess when I purchase this type of license I will get separate license keys for the controllers and for AirWave.

Regards,

Julián 

• 9.  RE: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Posted Aug 22, 2017 11:01 AM

Hi chadteal,

We crossed each other with our replies. Ok, all clear.

Thanks chadteal and Victor Fabian.

Regards,

Julián