Wireless Access

Super Contributor I

About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

Hi community,

I have found in IRIS within Mobility Controller > ArubaOS tab the LIC-ENT license bundle which includes one each: LIC-AP, LIC-PEF, LIC-RFP, LIC-AW. The LIC-AW is for AirWave. I have 100 APs and 2 controllers. 

1. If I purchase the LIC-ENT license, will I get separate license keys which I will enter in the controller and license keys which I will enter in AirWave?
  2. If I want to manage both the APs and controllers from AirWave, shall I select 100 LIC-ENT Within Mobility Controller > ArubaOS tab and 2 LIC-AW AirWave licenses independently for the controllers? Because if I select 102 LIC-ENT I will waste two LIC-AP, LIC-PEF, LIC-RFP licenses.

Am I correct?

Regards,

Julián

Re: About LIC-ENT bundle licenses

You need 100 ENT for your APs and 2 AW for the controllers

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Super Contributor I

Hi Victor Fabian,

Ok, then I will get 100 LIC-ENT licenses from the controller item and 2 LIC-AW from the AirWave Licenses item. About my first question am I correct?

1. If I purchase the LIC-ENT license, will I get separate license keys which I will enter in the controller and license keys which I will enter in AirWave?

Regards,

Julián

In the HPE portal you will have the option to select the amount of licenses you want to activate for a particular controller
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Aruba Employee

Enterprise license just makes ordering the licenses easier.  You will still have to add individual function licenses to the controller.  

Super Contributor I

Hi,

Ok, but will I also have the option to activate the licenses for AirWave LIC-AW in the HPE Portal and then get the license keys which I enter in the AirWave server?

Thanks for your interest,

Julian 

Aruba Employee

When you log into the license portal to activate you will get individual codes for each of the function licenses as well as your airwave licenses.  

Super Contributor I

Hi chadteal,

Yes, I know that. The only confusion I have is with LIC-ENT you have licenses for the controller and licenses for AirWave, and I want to be sure and I guess when I purchase this type of license I will get separate license keys for the controllers and for AirWave.

Regards,

Julián 

Super Contributor I

Hi chadteal,

We crossed each other with our replies. Ok, all clear.

Thanks chadteal and Victor Fabian.

Regards,

Julián

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: