Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Access points not reconfiguring correctly

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Access points not reconfiguring correctly

Posted Jun 20, 2014 09:48 AM

Hi all, firstly we are using 6.3.1.7 on a Master and a local controller.

I have a pile of old AP61s, I want to reuse them for site surveys. So, I hook up my serial cable, purge them, reset and they upgrade their firmwares andc come up as a new AP.

I then provision them, once they reboot, they start broadcasting whatever they were using before! I done a printenv and its got the correct name and AP group. I look on the switch, it still thinks the unprovisioned AP is down and does'nt show its name.

So I done a clear gap db on the wired mac, but its still the same. Any ideas??!

• 2.  RE: Access points not reconfiguring correctly

Posted Jun 20, 2014 11:03 AM

Do you have another controller that these APs might be joining to?

• 3.  RE: Access points not reconfiguring correctly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 12:07 PM

After you typed purge, did you save?

• 4.  RE: Access points not reconfiguring correctly

Posted Jun 20, 2014 04:11 PM

Hi all, we do have another master controller (a600) but that is on another subnet although its visable. The problem is after provisioning it. I purge it, I tend to do purgeenv, saveenv, purgeenv, reset. It does come up as default, I provision it, it reboots. If I check the AP it does show the correct bname and correct AP group. But, its sending out the wrong SSID and it does'nt show at all on the master controller. All I'm left with is the "downed" unconfigured AP. I most be doing something silly, but not sure what. I always code the AP to go to the master using its IP address.

• 5.  RE: Access points not reconfiguring correctly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 04:25 PM

m0bov,

It is possible that you had an "Always" SSID enabled previously?  If that is the case, try to wipe them like this at the apboot> prompt:

flash erase 0xbfc60000 0xbfc6ffff
    flash erase 0xbfc80000 0xbfc8ffff

• 6.  RE: Access points not reconfiguring correctly

Posted Jun 20, 2014 05:19 PM

Is that the same as always on?? I've used that flash command before, but its odd cos I queried the AP using serial cable after provisioning it and it did show correct details. I will try it on monday. Thanks.

• 7.  RE: Access points not reconfiguring correctly

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 05:31 PM
    the environment variables do not show virtual access points in Flash