Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Access points will not keep their settings

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Access points will not keep their settings

Posted Jun 06, 2014 10:31 PM

I purchased 5 AP93s from eBay and reset them via the CLI. For some reason, when I configure them through my web browser (Google Chrome v35), 3 of the 5 do not keep their settings; instead, they default to the "aruba-ap" SSID and they don't keep the name I assigned to them. Has anybody else experienced this? Where would I begin to diagnose this issue?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Access points will not keep their settings

Posted Jun 06, 2014 10:53 PM
    can you post the output of the console? are they defaulting to the default group on the controller?

how are your provisioning them?

• 3.  RE: Access points will not keep their settings

Posted Jun 06, 2014 10:58 PM

Thank you for your response.

Which console output are you looking for (access point or controller)? Yes, they are defaulting to the default group. I was provisioning them through the web interface.

• 4.  RE: Access points will not keep their settings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2014 03:16 AM

mcgonrya,

What version of ArubaOS are you using?

• 5.  RE: Access points will not keep their settings

Posted Jun 07, 2014 12:58 PM

I am using version 5.0.3.1 of ArubaOS. Interestingly enough, after some more tinkering with the access points, I originally had 5 that weren't working and now I only have 2 not working. If anyone can offer thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to all who are offering help. I really do appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

• 6.  RE: Access points will not keep their settings

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2014 01:24 PM

I would go on the commandline and type "show log system 50" and see if you see any messages related to your access points.