Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Access points will not keep their settings

I purchased 5 AP93s from eBay and reset them via the CLI. For some reason, when I configure them through my web browser (Google Chrome v35), 3 of the 5 do not keep their settings; instead, they default to the "aruba-ap" SSID and they don't keep the name I assigned to them. Has anybody else experienced this? Where would I begin to diagnose this issue?

Thanks in advance.

MVP

Re: Access points will not keep their settings

can you post the output of the console? are they defaulting to the default group on the controller?

how are your provisioning them?
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

Thank you for your response.

Which console output are you looking for (access point or controller)? Yes, they are defaulting to the default group. I was provisioning them through the web interface.

Guru Elite

mcgonrya,

What version of ArubaOS are you using?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I am using version 5.0.3.1 of ArubaOS. Interestingly enough, after some more tinkering with the access points, I originally had 5 that weren't working and now I only have 2 not working. If anyone can offer thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks to all who are offering help. I really do appreciate it. :smileyhappy:

Guru Elite

I would go on the commandline and type "show log system 50" and see if you see any messages related to your access points.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: