Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Actual MTU

This thread has been viewed 22 times
  • 1.  Actual MTU

Posted Dec 12, 2014 02:48 PM

I'm trying to find out if our MTU size is causing slow performance for a RAP over a large 4G connection back to our site.  I determined the path has a maximum MTU of 1472.  I think the MTU for the RAP is 1200.  Is there somewhere else to look to see if it is overriding the 1200?  I'm going out to take a trace when time permits but I'm hoping to do some leg work before I get onsite to continue troubleshooting.

• 2.  RE: Actual MTU

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2014 03:47 PM

pdavis,

Does that RAP have a second ethernet port?  You should try "bcmc-optimization" on the VLAN on the controller for whatever VLAN is connected to that second enet port to start.  That would stop broadcasts from propagating from the headend to the enet interface;  that just steals your bandwidth with useless broadcast traffic.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-stop-unknown-unicast-from-LAN-to-be-flooded-by-the/ta-p/179934

To fully answer your question, you need to type "show datapath tunnel table" and find the RAP that is connected to see the MTU.