Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Actual MTU

I'm trying to find out if our MTU size is causing slow performance for a RAP over a large 4G connection back to our site.  I determined the path has a maximum MTU of 1472.  I think the MTU for the RAP is 1200.  Is there somewhere else to look to see if it is overriding the 1200?  I'm going out to take a trace when time permits but I'm hoping to do some leg work before I get onsite to continue troubleshooting.

Guru Elite

Re: Actual MTU

[ Edited ]

pdavis,

Does that RAP have a second ethernet port?  You should try "bcmc-optimization" on the VLAN on the controller for whatever VLAN is connected to that second enet port to start.  That would stop broadcasts from propagating from the headend to the enet interface;  that just steals your bandwidth with useless broadcast traffic.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-to-stop-unknown-unicast-from-LAN-to-be-flooded-by-the/ta-p/179934

To fully answer your question, you need to type "show datapath tunnel table" and find the RAP that is connected to see the MTU.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: