Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Add multiple AP to wireless profile

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Add multiple AP to wireless profile

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:20 AM

How can I add mutiple AP to a wireless profile on a 7210.

I have been tasked with getting the controller cleaned up by sorting AP into profiles.  No big deal as the profiles have already been created, I just don't see where I can select multiple AP and then add them to a specific profile.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Add multiple AP to wireless profile
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:25 AM

If you mean AP Groups, select  Configuration/AP Installation, then click a few APs to select them, and 'provision' them into a drop down group.   

JF

• 3.  RE: Add multiple AP to wireless profile

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:27 AM

Yep, sorry wrong wording.

I was just thinking I didn't word that correctly.

Thanks for the info.

• 4.  RE: Add multiple AP to wireless profile

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:30 AM

Just thought of something, what if they have static IP, will it try to set all of them to the same one and then fail?

• 5.  RE: Add multiple AP to wireless profile

Posted Oct 08, 2013 09:58 AM

Should be OK to handle that scenario.   Static IPs on the APs is something I see from time to time, is it your standard?  

FYI, the WEBUI is pretty good at warning you when you are trying to do something 'not supported' or would over-write things you wouldn't want to in the multiple selection mode.     For example, if you are trying to choose APs of different types it will provide a warning asking you not to do that and enabling you to rechoose the APs.

How many APs are you looking to re-group BTW?

JF

• 6.  RE: Add multiple AP to wireless profile

Posted Oct 08, 2013 10:02 AM

I just started at this job and have been tasked with getting the wireless infra up and running, they have 240 AP currently on the controller, and are adding more daily.

All of them are being given a static IP if they have not already had one configured.

I am not real familiar with the Aruba hardware but the interface for the controller seems pretty straight forward.

Thats a little background for you, will be happy to provide more info if neccessary.

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Add multiple AP to wireless profile

Posted Oct 08, 2013 10:19 AM

Congrats on the new Job.

@ 240 APs and climbing, a scalable Grouping structure is nice to have for clarity, as-is a 'folder' structure in Airwave (if you have that deployed)

Use the forums as needed, and we'll collectively help you along.  

Also, since you bring a fresh perspective, feel free to share that with us as you move forward.   We like to get customer feedback.     Our Ideas portal is the virtual suggestion box open for business all hours of the day ;)

JF