Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding 500 more devices license - no certificates on file, not clear how to add

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Adding 500 more devices license - no certificates on file, not clear how to add

Posted Mar 25, 2013 06:09 PM
    Quoting the FAQ: question: "How do I import my existing AirWave licenses?" answer: "" (yes it's blank) I have a 700 device now, and a certificate for 500 more. I can activate the 500 easily enough, but I want to end with 1200 devices rather than 500. It appears that I'll need to have the license site recognize my current license and then add the new, but I'm not seeing how. Quickie advice before I call in for help?

• 2.  RE: Adding 500 more devices license - no certificates on file, not clear how to add
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2013 07:19 PM
    Apparently those who activated licenses before me should have kept their certificate numbers - then I could have used them on the consolidate page. Without such useful historical documents, TAC was able to take my current license from my Airwave server and my new license and merge them. I now have a single serial number license for the full 1200 devices, and the 5 devices which were out in the cold are now all warm and cozy. Go TAC!