Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding AP on different Subnet to Airwave fails

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Adding AP on different Subnet to Airwave fails

Posted Mar 07, 2017 04:46 AM

Hello,

Currently we use 8 AP215 and one Airwave on the same Subnet. This setup is working well.

Now, a Branchoffice, connected through VPN, should also integrated into our WLAN.

Now, I see the new AP with in Aiwave as DOWN Device.

The Stausmessage in Airwave is: Status: Down (ICMP ping failed (after SNMP get failed))

On this AP I tired the VC IP and the Airwave IP as the Virtual Controller IP. This does not help.

Suspect is: I can ping the AP from my DC which is on the same Subnet as the VC and Airwave, but I cannot ping this AP from SSH on Airwave.

Any Ideas?

sincerly

Frank

• 2.  RE: Adding AP on different Subnet to Airwave fails

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 05:02 AM

Hi Frank,

Are these Virtual controllers or Mobility controllers? I see the message as ICMP failed and SNMP get failed.

Airwave talks with the mobility controller over SNMP and the Virtual controllers over Https. Could you please confirm how are the devices added on Airwave?

• 3.  RE: Adding AP on different Subnet to Airwave fails

Posted Mar 07, 2017 05:46 AM

Hi Vishnu,

I think these are Virtualcontrollers but how can I verify this?

Regards

Frank

• 4.  RE: Adding AP on different Subnet to Airwave fails

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 06:12 AM

Frank, could you drop me an email on mannil@hpe.com with your contact details. I can take a look at the server.

• 5.  RE: Adding AP on different Subnet to Airwave fails

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2017 05:24 AM

Hi Frank,

Airwave mark device down with error message ICMP ping failed/SNMP get failed, if their is connectivity issue between Airwave and controller device.

Check if their is any firewall between Airwave and controller which is blocking snmp ports 161/162. If you are trying to add IAPs make sure port 443 is opened.

To narrow down the connectivity issue, you could try run traceroute command on Airwave CLI to see where exact packet is getting dropped.

syntax:

#traceroute <destionation IP>