Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding additional Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Adding additional Captive Portal

Posted Apr 14, 2015 03:08 PM

Hello,

We are currently using a Captive Portal with a custom background for Guest users to simply enter in an Email address and they are dumped into our Guest Network for Wireless. On the same controllers we have a few extra production SSID's. One of which we are trying to get users to remove thier mobile devices and sign up using a different MDM solution that we have on a different SSID. We have about 60 users and don't have a way of tracking who they are and where they are located.

We are looking to add an addition captive portal that notifies users that they have 1 month to switch over to a new MDM solution and a link pointing them to where they can get info to download the new info needed to migrate over. If they decide to bypass the link we want to give the option to hit "OK" or something simlar like this and to continue access.

Is this type of captive portal possible

and can we run more than one captive portal on the same controllers?

• 2.  RE: Adding additional Captive Portal

Posted Apr 14, 2015 03:34 PM

Yes, you can have more than one CP profile 

This is example is for a terms and condition page you just have to replace it and customize your Captive Portal to be informational and then have an accept or ok button , with some HTML coding you include the link as well:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-154

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp 

• 3.  RE: Adding additional Captive Portal

Posted Apr 15, 2015 12:52 PM

This is great let me check it out. I should be able to add or create this portal and not affect the current one i have for Guest users? I just want to make sure i can add multimple portals.

• 4.  RE: Adding additional Captive Portal

Posted Apr 15, 2015 12:53 PM

You will need to create another L3 Captive Portal and also point the Initial Role to that Captive Portal .