Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding an INstant AP to Airwave AFTER the instant SSID is gone.

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Adding an INstant AP to Airwave AFTER the instant SSID is gone.

Posted Jan 19, 2017 04:28 PM

Hello, How do I add an instant IAP to airwave AFTER I have already set up SSIDs and the instant SSID is gone.

• 2.  RE: Adding an INstant AP to Airwave AFTER the instant SSID is gone.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 19, 2017 05:16 PM

Instant SSID do not have any significance as far as you have access to the instant GUI.

Below guide will help you to get it up and running (though it is for the older version but you will get the basic idea form it)

https://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/Controller-lessWLANs/29/1/00003516-1.pdf

• 3.  RE: Adding an INstant AP to Airwave AFTER the instant SSID is gone.

Posted Jan 20, 2017 10:03 AM

I have that guide and all the relevant documentation. I am a new Jr. Network Engineer here. The problem is they had a consultant set up the clusters and airwave; apparently the consultant told them nothing. We run an airwave VM.

I just set up 1 AP at a new site. I would like to add this AP to airwave.

I found the settings in the AP where I enter the Organization String, Airwave Server IP and Shared Key.

Do I have to create the Organization Community string on the Airwave server for that site? OR does it already exist and I have to enter it into the AP?

I am confused about the Community String.

Can someone please explain how I add an AP to the airwave server

• 4.  RE: Adding an INstant AP to Airwave AFTER the instant SSID is gone.

Posted Jan 22, 2017 05:19 PM
      |   view attached

You have to make sure string are matching on both Airwave and IAP.

Refer to the document shared by Colins on below link. It takes you to the step-by-step process.

http://www.airheads.eu/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/How-to-properly-manage-multiple-IAP-clusters-configurations-with/td-p/247363

Attachment(s)

pdf
    DeployingInstantInAirWave.pdf   1.15 MB 1 version