Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Admin access to controller broken by stupid mistake

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Admin access to controller broken by stupid mistake

Posted Apr 27, 2015 02:02 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I did some test with controller 7210 and LDAP intergration for local account-provisioning user account, but by mistake I disabled local authentications so I not able to login to the Web GUI or SSH CLI as admin (see attatched screenshow from my spare 7210).

How to regain admin access to the controller? I'm able to connect with serial console and login with password/forgetme! but this access is very limited, so changes and even show running config is restricted.

• 2.  RE: Admin access to controller broken by stupid mistake

Posted Apr 27, 2015 02:10 PM

HI,

After login using password and forgetme! credentials, you an change the admin password and privileges as shown here under.

user : password

Password : forgetme!

on Config terminal mode : (Master-3200) (config) #mgmt-user admin root
    Password: (enter the new password for admin)

Hope you got your solution

• 3.  RE: Admin access to controller broken by stupid mistake

Posted Apr 27, 2015 03:10 PM

Thanks, but you missed my point. Actually I know admins password. My problem is that I accidentaly disabled local management authetication  :(

• 4.  RE: Admin access to controller broken by stupid mistake

Posted Apr 28, 2015 01:21 AM

Hi,

Resetting the admin password should reset all privileges. try and let us know. please feel free if the issues is not resolved.

• 5.  RE: Admin access to controller broken by stupid mistake
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 28, 2015 03:19 AM

Hi, simple reseting of the admin password didn't help, put following command solved my problem:

(aruba1) (config) #no mgmt-user localauth-disable

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Admin access to controller broken by stupid mistake

Posted Apr 29, 2015 03:22 PM

not sure if it was possible for you. but blocking access to the ldap (or other auth server) would probably also have been enough, then local access is allowed.