Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

Posted May 12, 2016 07:15 AM

Hi , we have 2 controllers and configured them as master/standby, the data sync is already enabled, but any new configuration done on master controller is not sync to standby controller. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

Posted May 12, 2016 07:47 AM

Hi, configuration will only be synced after you do "write memory" or hit the "Save Configuration" button in the GUI. "show switches" on the master controller will show you if the IPsec link between the two controllers is up and also if it syncs.

I don't have a redundant setup in my lab but this is what you should see (in your case 2 switches)

(Aruba7005) #show switches

All Switches
    ------------
    IP Address     Name       Location                      Type    Model      Version        Status  Configuration State  Config Sync Time (sec)  Config ID
    ----------     ----       --------                      ----    -----      -------        ------  -------------------  ----------------------  ---------
    192.168.1.253  Aruba7005  Top Naeffstraat 25 Gorinchem  master  Aruba7005  6.4.4.6_54633  up      UPDATE SUCCESSFUL    0                       175

Total Switches:1

• 3.  RE: After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

Posted May 12, 2016 07:51 AM

Thanks for reply. 

I have already "save the configuration" on both controllers.  The controller redundancy works, one is working as master and another is in standby mode. When unplug master controller cable, the standby controller will become master.  I tried to add VLAN on master controller, but didnot sync to standby one. 

• 4.  RE: After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

Posted May 12, 2016 08:08 AM

OK, but what does "show switches" tell you and also "show vrrp" because you need to configure VRRP between the master and backup-master?

• 5.  RE: After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

Posted May 12, 2016 08:12 AM

I did not use cli to check the configure, I use gui, VRRP is configured and  working fine, can access the virtual router (virtual IP ),and switch over between 2 controllers successfully . Anything I missed out? Thanks. 

• 6.  RE: After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2016 08:15 AM
    Vlans are part of the local configuration and must be created on each controller manually. Other things like virtual aps and ssids are global and are synched with the global configuration.

• 7.  RE: After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

Posted May 12, 2016 08:25 AM

oh, like this, then have to manually configure on both controllers .

thanks a lot

• 8.  RE: After configuring Master Controller redundancy and data sync is enabled, but configuration not sync

Posted May 12, 2016 08:29 AM
      |   view attached

Then what do you see here?