Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Air-group with iPad2 issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Air-group with iPad2 issue

Posted Jan 28, 2014 02:09 PM

Does anyone has any issue with iPad2 dropping off the wireless using airplay? I'm running air-group in my environment, everything seems to work fine with other devices except the iPad2. I'm doing 802.1x authentication and WPA, I tested with both ways same result.

• 2.  RE: Air-group with iPad2 issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2014 02:25 PM

Fe,

What version of ArubaOS or IAP  code?

• 3.  RE: Air-group with iPad2 issue

Posted Jan 28, 2014 04:59 PM

I've seen the same thing without running Airgroup.  Especially with iPad 2's running iOS 7.  I also have issues with iPad 2's on iOS 7 with 802.1x authentication not keeping clients online.  Will work for a few seconds then stop.

• 4.  RE: Air-group with iPad2 issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2014 05:07 PM

morrisch,

Can you expand on that a little so we understand your experience?  Thank you.

• 5.  RE: Air-group with iPad2 issue

Posted Jan 28, 2014 05:15 PM

Basically the two issues I've seen are the following without Airgroup.

I have 2 networks (doesn't matter which they are connected to)

- an 802.1x network

- a WPA2 password protected network.

iPad 2's with iOS 7.0.x will briefly connect to a nearby Apple TV.  The image will mirror then stop within 10 seconds.  I've heard this outside of Aruba networks as well.  I can mirror my iPhone to that same Apple TV and it works fine.

As for the 802.1x issues on the iPad 2.  It will allow me to authenticate with the iPad 2 then simply stop loading web pages.  

I have only seen this on iPad 2's.  I think it is a hardware/driver issue with them to be honest.  We have a couple hundred iPad mini's, iPad Gen 3/4, iPhones, etc, that do not see any issues  with the 802.1x or Airplay issues.

• 6.  RE: Air-group with iPad2 issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2014 05:21 PM

morrisch,

Thank you.