Wireless Access

MVP

AirWave server connected to controller VLAN 1 ,cant enable sec nat on VLAN (Using IPSEC).

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

Good morning,

Recently in one of my Aruba/AirWave deployment, My client asked me to enable e-mail alerts from the AirWave.

My Issue: The AirWave is installed on VLAN1 (Behind Aruba Controller),Attached diagram:

Drawing1.jpg

Now,if it was any other vlan i was able to enable the source nat for the VLAN. (But on VLAN 1 , u cant if u got RAP/IPSEC units..it's causing them go down on AOS 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*So, We connected the AW to a diffrent port on the controller and made it untrusted and built an ACL for it allowing it doing route src-nat..but with no success.

2016-02-03_11-20-48.jpg

Please advise what we are doing wrong,and how to solve it,i need the AW to be able to get internet.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Guru Elite

Re: AirWave server connected to controller VLAN 1 ,cant enable sec nat on VLAN (Using IPSEC).

Why is the port AirWave is connected to untrusted?

Also, if the controller goes down, you're not going to get email alerts. Why not put AirWave upstream?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

Re: AirWave server connected to controller VLAN 1 ,cant enable sec nat on VLAN (Using IPSEC).

we did the port untrusted in order to create route src nat acl role for it.
( as i wrote we cant enable it on the vlan itself because it will cause the remote ap's to fall )
We dont care if the controller down , not to get alerts at this stage.

any idea how to enable the aw server to get internet via vlan 1 ( without enabling src nat on the whole vlan ? (
*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: