Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airgroup and Reflector software

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airgroup and Reflector software

Posted Jun 10, 2013 01:15 PM

Has anyone been able to get Airgroup and Reflector software to work with each other? I am currently running a master/local setup with VLAN pooling. I am running 6.1.3.6-Airgroup code and can successfully get my apple tv's to work perfectly across any VLAN that my user gets thrown into.  When trying to the use the reflector software, I can see the PC that I am trying to connect to but when I click on that PC with an apple IPAD it selects it for a few moments and then jumps off of it. I have opened up all service ID's for troubleshooting and have even added any new ID's found in the blocked queries with no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips to get this working? Thanks in advance.

Reflector Software Website: http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/

• 2.  RE: Airgroup and Reflector software

Posted Aug 29, 2013 11:59 AM

We use nearly the same environment.  It seems to work for us, but the issue we're running into now is that there are too many Apple TV's in the list, and you see all of them from every location.  So many, that some things which connect in don't list all the ATV's available.

Did you ever find out what was causing it?

• 3.  RE: Airgroup and Reflector software

Posted Sep 10, 2013 09:46 PM
    No, I have yet to find the problem. Currently we have another SSID to a single VLAN to bypass the issues for now. Do you recall if you had to add any new service ID's to your airgroup list or did it work with default settings?

Have you guys looked into Clearpass yet?

• 4.  RE: Airgroup and Reflector software

Posted Sep 11, 2013 09:14 AM

We did not have to add any new service ID"s to our Airgroup.

What we're currently looking at is doing /20 networks for High Schools, /21 for Middle Schools, and /22 for Elementary schools.  Having 3 SSID's in each location (Public, Private, and Apple TV).

We have a Clearpass demo next week, but $25,000 is out of our budget.  I've looked into possibly doing something with an Avahi gateway if the Multicasts get too out of hand in that large size of a network.