Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airprint Issues with Aruba

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Mar 16, 2012 12:08 PM
    Help! does anyone able to make the airprint work on Aruba ap? thanks A1rhead

• 2.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Mar 16, 2012 12:10 PM

It should work find assuming that your devices are on the same VLAN and you aren't actively blocking things like mDNS. If they are on different VLANs it won't work out for you today. 

-awl

• 3.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Aug 08, 2012 10:07 AM

Andy,

Would there be any issues with Airprint printers connected to "Guest" networks.  I currently have IAP-105 devices and Airprint works great on "Employee" configured networks, but I cannot see Airprint printers when they are connected to my "Guest" configured networks.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Bill

• 4.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Aug 09, 2012 08:13 AM

I have it working on guest as well as corporate but it requires different printers on each ssid. The key is to have your ssid/vlan/printer/mac devices all able to talk to each other and pass bonjour traffic, etc.  If you have a setup like me then your guest traffic can't talk to the corporate network and hence would not be able to talk via airprint to a printer on the corporate network.

Ian

• 5.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Aug 09, 2012 09:28 AM

Hi.  The printer and clients are on the same SSID.  What APs and firmware are you using?

• 6.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Aug 10, 2012 08:01 AM

I'm using AP105's with 3600 controllers on the 6.1.3 code train.

• 7.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Aug 10, 2012 09:31 AM

Thanks.  I am using 6 IAP-105 with just the built-in Virtual Controller running 6.1.2... I was having issues with iPads and iPhones on Guest networks using the 6.1.3 firmware and was advised to downgrade to 6.1.2.  I guess I have traded flakey iOS device connections for printer issues.

If I run everything on "Employee" configured networks, everything works fine.  I had hoped to use "Guest" networks to segregate non-domain devices like employee owned smartphones and tablets.

Guess I will wait to see what the next firmware release brings.  :(

• 8.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Sep 17, 2012 05:53 PM

I'm currently running 6.1.3.4 and having no known issues with mDNS services like Airplay and Airprint so long as both clients are connected to the same SSID.  The only issue I have to handle is that most of these "dumb" devices such as printers and Apple TVs must be MAC authenticated on my guest network that has captive portal authentication.

• 9.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2012 06:29 PM

@daringone wrote:

I'm currently running 6.1.3.4 and having no known issues with mDNS services like Airplay and Airprint so long as both clients are connected to the same SSID.  The only issue I have to handle is that most of these "dumb" devices such as printers and Apple TVs must be MAC authenticated on my guest network that has captive portal authentication.

Daringone,

What is wrong with doing mac authentication on the guest network for those devices?

• 10.  RE: Airprint Issues with Aruba

Posted Sep 19, 2012 02:20 PM

Nothing wrong, just an extra step.  Looking very much forward to AirGroup so it won't matter what SSID they're on any more, but will still have to MAC authenticate until Apple gets a clue that their AppleTV needs Enterprise authentication.