Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Airwave 8.0.11.1 - Error - Config Version Not FOUND

HI there, we are running Airwave 8.0.11.1 and have deploued a IAP103 network at a customers site running firmware: 6.4.4.3-4.2.2.1_53878

We added his to a group in Airwave and enabled Instant Config to manage the IAP's. Unfortunately the Cluster won't sync their config. It has '!' sign next to it saying

"error --- config version [ 6.4.4.0-4.2.2 ] not found in command model list"

How can, and how can we solve?

I tried to do a firmware upgrade to 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666 - but i get response back:

"Devices are in monitor state or do not need upgrade.

Can anyone help?

Guru Elite

Re: Airwave 8.0.11.1 - Error - Config Version Not FOUND

Unfortunately, IGC (Instant Graphical Configuration) is not available in 8.0.11.1 for 4.2.2.0 or 4.2.2.1 yet.  You would have to do template-based configuration, or just monitor it with Airwave and configure it at the VC, for now.  An Airwave upgrade in the near future should enable IGC for 4.2.2.0 and 4.2.2.0.

As for your second question, it looks like you placed the AP in monitor mode.  You need to "Allow firmware upgrades in monitor-only mode:" under AMP Setup> Firmware Upgrade/Reboot options.

I am not sure how many things you might have changed, so if this is a production network, you might want TAC's advice to get your system the way you want it.  I am just answering based on the information you gave me.

In addition, Aruba just release the IAP Validated Reference Design Guide here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Aruba-Instant-Validated-Reference-Design/ta-p/258782  You don't have the read the whole thing, but it is a good reference.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Airwave 8.0.11.1 - Error - Config Version Not FOUND

Okay so this is strange.

But okay, I have to downgrade IAP's correct to let Airwave manage them.

Which version (latest) is supported by Airwave 8.0.11.1?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: