Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Airwave - Client History on RF Maps

Hi All,

I have an Airwave query which I hope someone can help me out with this.

I have a Customer who is trying to see the current history of clients on the RF Maps. He can see the history of the clients but it is showing the history for quiet sometime in the past and would like to reduce the time period that it will show the client history. Basically he would like to see recent history of the clients.

Is this possible and if so, how can I go about doing this.

Hope this make sense.

Thank You

Rieyaad

Guru Elite

Re: Airwave - Client History on RF Maps

Which version of Airwave is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Colin,

The version is 8.2.0.3

Thanks

Hi Colin, The version of Airwave is 8.2.0.3.

Than You

Guru Elite

Is the customer trying to see the individual client history, or the history of a full floor?  For the individual and I think the floor location history there should be a maximum of 24 hours of history.  How long does the customer desire, and how does the customer plan to use the information?

Screenshot 2016-11-10 at 06.35.56.png

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

The customer wants to see client history on the maps as to where they were on the maps. So he would like to see where a certain client was for the last 24 hours on the maps

Guru Elite

Airwave should have 24 hours of location history for that client.

The accuracy of the client's location on the the map is is based on AP density.  The more APs that can see a client, the more accurate the map.  A client requires 3 APs minimum to see it to at least have a decent location probability.  If the client is seen by less than 3 APs, the client's location would be a guess.  

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

In addition, if your client "sleeps" during that 24 hour period (very few mobile clients are on all of the time), there will be gaps in location history.

Colin Joseph

Hi Colin,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Is there a way to reduce the client history time from 24 hours so that the customer can see the client history in the last 15 minutes?

So far everything has been a help. Thank You

Rieyaad

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: