Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave graph to show number of 2.4ghz clients

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave graph to show number of 2.4ghz clients

Posted Nov 09, 2017 06:00 PM

I am curious if there is a way to get a graph in airwave (or anywhere else) that shows me the number of clients on 2.4ghz over time. The Aruba controller shows a short snapshot of this under Dashboard>Clients at the bottom but unfortuantely this only shows the last 15 minutes. I'd like to be able to track the effectiveness of my efforts to influence clients off of 2.4ghz.

I am running Airwave 8.2.4 and my AMC is a 7220 running 6.5.3.3

Thank you!!

Rob

• 2.  RE: Airwave graph to show number of 2.4ghz clients

Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:06 PM

You may be able to this from the shell of airwave - do you have access to that (some do, some dont). Alternatively, I have done this previously (to monitor the effect of 3dB power decrements in 2.4ghz on 5ghz usage) by using a script to run "show ap association | begin Num" and then parse the result into CSV, and then plotted it in excel. Could that be an option?

Num Clients:25
    Total num of 5G capable clients:24
    Total num of 5G capable clients in 2.4G band:23
    Total num of 5G capable clients in 5G band:1
    Total num of 2.4G only clients:1

• 3.  RE: Airwave graph to show number of 2.4ghz clients

Posted Nov 13, 2017 01:57 PM

Thanks for the info. Yes, that's definitely workable. Would better to get the info in the aruba tools, but I will give your method a try as a workaround. Thanks!!