Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave showing mismatched APs 'device antenna selection external'

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave showing mismatched APs 'device antenna selection external'

Posted Apr 06, 2016 08:16 AM

Hello,

We are seeing a number of APs reported as 'mismatched' on Airwave. The APs are reporting as

'device antenna selection external'

The 'desired config' is 'Internal'

The APs I'm looking at are 204's.

I don't know which group I can find the 'antenna selection' setting to change it. Can anyone help? It doesn't appear to be the 'Installation' (Indoor/Outdoor/Default) setting.

Thanks 

• 2.  RE: Airwave showing mismatched APs 'device antenna selection external'

Posted Apr 06, 2016 08:51 AM

I had a bunch of APs in this state as well, I had to manually update the config using Configuration/AP Installation (on controller, our AW is read only). You update them one at a time or in batches if you can't reboot them all at once.

As a last resort you can exclude that error in AW.

• 3.  RE: Airwave showing mismatched APs 'device antenna selection external'
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:10 AM
    Are you using Airwave to Manage the configuration of your devices? If not, that can be ignored, because every time you make configuration changes on your device, it will show up as mismatched. The alternative is to turn off auditing.

• 4.  RE: Airwave showing mismatched APs 'device antenna selection external'

Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:42 AM

@cjoseph wrote:
    Are you using Airwave to Manage the configuration of your devices? If not, that can be ignored, because every time you make configuration changes on your device, it will show up as mismatched. The alternative is to turn off auditing.

Thanks - that explains it, we configure devices via the controllers, we mostly use Airwave for troubleshooting (at the moment).

Thanks

Guy

• 5.  RE: Airwave showing mismatched APs 'device antenna selection external'

Posted Apr 08, 2016 02:17 PM

Hello again,

Just following up on this - although we are happy that we can ignore the mismatches there is still some concern that these settings appear to differ, and we're not actually sure what the 'device antenna selection external' setting actually refers to. Can you help with that?

Thank you,

Guy