Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

Posted Jun 20, 2017 02:10 PM

Hi Team,

I was facing issue with android clients while raoming from one ap to another ap the signal showing 4 bar suddenly drops to zero after 5-10 secs its showing 3 bar but it should not happen

I need somebody help i totally fed up with roaming issue from one AP to another AP 

• 2.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 20, 2017 09:37 PM

That typically means that your transmit power is too high.  What is the current transmit power of each of your access points?

• 3.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

Posted Jun 21, 2017 12:56 AM

Hi Joseph,

Can you tell me where we can see the transmit power of each ap ? in OAW-4550

Because i was new to wifi actually i was a voice engineer

• 4.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 02:20 AM

"show ap active" on the command line.

• 5.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

Posted Jun 21, 2017 05:57 AM
      |   view attached

Please find the ap active logs from the controller

Attachment(s)

txt
    controller-logs.txt   59 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 06:36 AM

Okay:

AP:HT:1/20/20        0            AP:VHT:153-/20/20

In this example This AP is on channel 1 and channel 153+ (40mhz channel).  The transmit power on both bands is 20, which is the maximum.  You would need to lower the ARM max Power to Maybe 18.  You also might need to run 20 mhz channels on the 5ghz band, instead.

You have alot of access points.  Do you know who programmed the controller?

• 7.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

Posted Jun 21, 2017 06:55 AM

I have programmed the controller im afraid you are saying that the whole configuration is wrong ?

Please tell me what further to do ?

• 8.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 21, 2017 07:06 AM

I am not saying that it is wrong.  if you are new to wifi and you got over 300 access points up and running, that is quite an accomplishment.

I would suggest three changes to start:

-Change the ARM max transmit power in the G and A ARM profile to 18, instead of 127.

-Change the ARM allowed band for 40mhz channels to "none" so that the + sign disappears from in front of the channels on the 5ghz band.

- Make sure that "Drop Broadcast and Unknown Multicast" is enabled on all of your Virtual APs.

It is possible that your power is too high so android clients "stick".  It is also possible that since you are running 40mhz channels, the android clients are also very attached to the AP that they are on.  Lastly drop broadcast and multicast improves your airtimes by removing unnecessary broadcasts for better performance.

• 9.  RE: Android Clients re-association taking too much time from movement of one AP to other AP

Posted Jun 29, 2017 09:28 AM

I have observed with Windows and LG phones as well but randomly facing the mobility issue

The signal levle shows full then its going to 1 level 

But im not sure why this is happening ?