Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Android VIA Authentication Profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Android VIA Authentication Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2013 11:28 AM

Today i got the VIA-Client on Windows 7 working but not now on Android:

When connection from an Android device the controller uses the default VIA Connection and Authentication profile. Therefore the controller authenticates against the internal database instead of our RADIUS servers.

Where can i configure the controller to use my own VIA Connection profile instead of the default one?

Could you please help me?

Kind regards

• 2.  RE: Android VIA Authentication Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2013 12:04 PM

Well ihad this issue but with the MACs...

i opened a support ticket with TAC and they told me that its a bug, and that i had to use the default profile...

I havent tried again to use other profiles on 6.2.x versions...

I tink when i opened the support ticket i was on 6.1.3.5

• 3.  RE: Android VIA Authentication Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2013 12:10 PM

But the weird thing here is that on my androids that was working properly... you need a minimum of stuff on your android to make it work...

Android running Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.2) onwards

And Kernel version: 3.0.8 onwards

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Android VIA Authentication Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2013 01:12 PM

OK thanks for the information.

I tried with a Samsung Galaxy SII with Android 4.0.4 and an ASUS TF700T with Android 4.1.2 with no success.

• 5.  RE: Android VIA Authentication Profile

Posted Feb 11, 2013 01:19 PM

I tried this with my coworker GAlaxy cellphone... it worked perfectly... i really dont remenber which IOS he had... i just told him to install it... and he did and put his credentials and worked...

Now for the part of the MAC well dont even try just use the default one if you using 6.1.3.5 firmware... it will not work...

• 6.  RE: Android VIA Authentication Profile

Posted Feb 12, 2013 12:59 AM

Can u add authentication profiles into configration->authentication -> l3 authentication->VIA web authenticaton, as these authentication profile link to your VIA connection profile. so when u try to download profile you are presented with the list of auth profiles to select.