Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

MVP
    Posted Sep 27, 2013 08:45 AM

Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

• 2.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

Posted Sep 27, 2013 08:53 AM

The development organization are fine tuning things in 6.3.1.x now.   

For the present time, the recommended build in 6.3 is  6.3.0.2  (new this week)

Is there a particular item you are looking for in 6.3.1 ?

JF

• 3.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

MVP
    Posted Sep 27, 2013 10:23 AM

I read that there are major AirGroup bugs in 6.3.0.1 and it is recommended that AirGroup be disabled while running this version of the code.

I read the release notes for 6.3.0.2 and wasn't sure if the bugs were fixed. It had to do with mDNS having to be restarted often, every day.

• 4.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:05 AM

I was told by my SE that engineering is working aroud the clock to resolve one final issue in 6.3.1 and that they do not have a firm date for it's release.  Based on that he said it would probably be 4 - 6 weeks.  6.3.0.2 was suppose to be released on 9/25.

• 5.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

MVP
    Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:06 AM

6.3.0.2 is already available but if it contains the AirGroup bugs contained in 6.3.0.1 then I obviously don't want to go that route.

• 6.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

Posted Sep 27, 2013 12:24 PM

We were experiencing the same exact mDNS bugs as you - rebooting a random controller almost once a day for a few weeks... occurred primary when doing a "sh switchinfo" or "wr mem" on the controllers or the master who then sent it to the locals and caused them to go in their funky state.

We upgraded to 6.3.0.2 last night and things are working well - I can finally do a "wr mem" and not plan to go reboot the thing :)

Been testing all morning random stuff that beore would cause the controllers to break and everything seems solid.

I recommend it.  We've been prepping for 6.3.1 for quite some time but that date has been changing for quite some time so to be continued...

• 7.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

MVP
    Posted Sep 27, 2013 01:17 PM

is the 4-6 week release date from today?

• 8.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

Posted Sep 27, 2013 06:29 PM

Derby... the mDNS fix is in 6.3.0.2.  It should be documented in the release notes as well if you are ever pondering what's in a release and not.  

6.3.0.2 is in the support site folder under current releases.

JF

• 9.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

MVP
    Posted Oct 01, 2013 02:02 PM

Hi,

The release notes for 6.3.0.2 doesnt contain any references to the mDNS issues people are having with 6.3.0.1. Just to be clear, you're saying that 6.3.0.2 fixes the issue posted below?

Re: Airgroup Apple TV issue [ Edited ]

I am currently running 6.3.0.1, and I still have to constantly stop and restart Airgroup to get complete Apple TV visibility when Apple TV's drop off from Airgroup.  I have an open, lengthy, ongoing case with Aruba, and I was told that version 6.3.1.0 is due out around Sept 19th, 2013 that should fix, among other things, this specific issue.

• 10.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

Posted Oct 01, 2013 02:17 PM

No, he's referring to the fix where Airgroup causes other processes on the controller to crash causing the controller to become unresponsive. 

I haven't heard of any complaints with AirGroup servers not beeing seen such as AppleTV's and I know many depts. use them. Never had to reset AirGroup.

• 11.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

MVP
    Posted Oct 01, 2013 02:19 PM

mleja2, there are many complaints when using 6.3.0.1. Just search this forum. 

• 12.  RE: Any idea when OS 6.3.1 will be released?

Posted Oct 01, 2013 02:23 PM

Ah, I understand.  Based off your message here:

"I read that there are major AirGroup bugs in 6.3.0.1 and it is recommended that AirGroup be disabled while running this version of the code."

I think a few of us assumed you were referring to the AirGroup issue I mentioned previously which was fixed in 6.3.0.2.  We skipped over 6.3.0.1, ourselves.