Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

Posted Jan 14, 2014 09:08 PM

Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )  from a 3600 controller or S2500 SW? I want to keep records from the daily users and traffic.. How many people was connected Monday ... Tuesday .. Just like the graphics but in PDF.. Txt or XML

Thanks!!

Giovanni Saldarriaga

• 2.  RE: Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2014 09:09 PM

Do you have AirWave?

• 3.  RE: Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

Posted Jan 14, 2014 09:13 PM

I used to... :smileysad:

I really miss airwave.. I was running my server with a trial lic. for 90 days actually I'm waiting for a final approval to get it back.. But for now I have to wait.. 

• 4.  RE: Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2014 09:17 PM

Unfortunately there is no reporting capabilities directly in the controllers or switches. Do you have another network management platform? (Solarwinds, PRTG, etc)

You can get some information via SNMP (# users connected, user-table entries, etc), but you'd have to build the graphs in the NMS.

You could also write a script that greps commands like "show user-table", "show ap essid", etc and dumps it out to a text file. Not the prettiest, but at least you will have some data.

AirWave has spoiled us :smileyhappy:

• 5.  RE: Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

Posted Mar 12, 2014 03:32 AM

@Giovanni Saldarriaga wrote:

Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )  from a 3600 controller or S2500 SW? I want to keep records from the daily users and traffic.. How many people was connected Monday ... Tuesday .. Just like the graphics but in PDF.. Txt or XML

Thanks!!

Giovanni Saldarriaga

en? Do you mean this feature is not supported now? What a disappointment.:catsad:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/HOWTO-generating-PDFs-automatically-from-AirWave-reports/td-p/37046

• 6.  RE: Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

Posted Mar 16, 2014 11:23 AM

@rockerjone wrote:

@Giovanni Saldarriaga wrote:

Thanks!!

Giovanni Saldarriaga

en? Do you mean this feature is not supported now? What a disappointment.:catsad:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/HOWTO-generating-PDFs-automatically-from-AirWave-reports/td-p/37046

it is supported with Airwave, as the link clearly states. you cant do it with only a mobility controller, never have been.

• 7.  RE: Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

Posted Mar 16, 2014 09:16 PM

As Tim suggested I was running few scripts to generate data in .txt files.. works fine.. but a little painful because I have to export the data and then Excel will generate the charts for me ... I got a evaluation license for airwave and works like a charm! I will get airwave after my trial license, now I'm generating all the reports automatically. :smileywink:

Regards,

Giovanni