Wireless Access

Contributor I

Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )  from a 3600 controller or S2500 SW? I want to keep records from the daily users and traffic.. How many people was connected Monday ... Tuesday .. Just like the graphics but in PDF.. Txt or XML

Thanks!!

Giovanni Saldarriaga

Guru Elite

Re: Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )

Do you have AirWave?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

I used to... :smileysad:

I really miss airwave.. I was running my server with a trial lic. for 90 days actually I'm waiting for a final approval to get it back.. But for now I have to wait.. 

Guru Elite

Unfortunately there is no reporting capabilities directly in the controllers or switches. Do you have another network management platform? (Solarwinds, PRTG, etc)

You can get some information via SNMP (# users connected, user-table entries, etc), but you'd have to build the graphs in the NMS.

You could also write a script that greps commands like "show user-table", "show ap essid", etc and dumps it out to a text file. Not the prettiest, but at least you will have some data.

AirWave has spoiled us :smileyhappy:

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Giovanni Saldarriaga wrote:

Any of you guys know how to generate reports (PDF, TXT, Etc.. )  from a 3600 controller or S2500 SW? I want to keep records from the daily users and traffic.. How many people was connected Monday ... Tuesday .. Just like the graphics but in PDF.. Txt or XML

Thanks!!

Giovanni Saldarriaga

en? Do you mean this feature is not supported now? What a disappointment.:catsad:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/HOWTO-generating-PDFs-automatically-from-AirWave-reports/td-p/37046

rockerjone wrote:

Giovanni Saldarriaga wrote:

Thanks!!

Giovanni Saldarriaga

en? Do you mean this feature is not supported now? What a disappointment.:catsad:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/HOWTO-generating-PDFs-automatically-from-AirWave-reports/td-p/37046

it is supported with Airwave, as the link clearly states. you cant do it with only a mobility controller, never have been.

Contributor I

As Tim suggested I was running few scripts to generate data in .txt files.. works fine.. but a little painful because I have to export the data and then Excel will generate the charts for me ... I got a evaluation license for airwave and works like a charm! I will get airwave after my trial license, now I'm generating all the reports automatically. :smileywink:

Regards,

Giovanni

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: