Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Any reason the Plan Tab was removed from 6.3?

Upgraded recently to 6.3.0.2 and noticed that the Plan Tab was removed.  Is that gone for good?  Currently not running an Airwave Server in my environment.  Liked having that basic tool in 6.2 and earlier.  Also noticing the Events and Reports Tab aren't there as well.

MVP

Re: Any reason the Plan Tab was removed from 6.3?

[ Edited ]

That is not longer supported under AOS 6.3.x

ArubaOS_6.3.0.2_ReleaseNotes.pdf - Adobe Reader_2013-10-16_09-59-30.png

I have attached  the 6.3.0.2 release notes 

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor II

Ah till you pointed out what to look for didn't catch that in the release notes when I read through it.  They certainly didn't point it out to much.  Certainly is a feature I will miss having.

Aruba

I was told on some traing a long while ago, that ARM used the information in the plan tab to adjust the power levels and channels for the APs.

I had my doubts about that at the time, but does anyone know if that is actually true?  The removal of the plan tab sort of implies that it wasn't the case and ARM worked independantly of the plan.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

Michael_Clarke wrote:

I was told on some traing a long while ago, that ARM used the information in the plan tab to adjust the power levels and channels for the APs.

I had my doubts about that at the time, but does anyone know if that is actually true?  The removal of the plan tab sort of implies that it wasn't the case and ARM worked independantly of the plan.

That was true at one time, but the dependency was removed.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

For those who were using it for true Planning purposes, the VisualRF standalone tool is much more accurate and has been updated to include planning for differing construction materials and attenuation.

It's available on the support site:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOWNLOADSOFTWARE/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/EntryId/4830/Default.aspx

Contributor I

This is the direction Aruba has taken in the past 5 years.  Take away base features and roll that functionality into other tools that you have to pay an additional cost for.  I'm done recommending Aruba for small businesses because they simply can't afford that kind of "progress".  That's where Ruckus and others have far better simple reporting tools INCLUDED in the product.  And it doesn't take a Phd in astrophysics to configure an AP either.

Scott Miller
MVP

Sorry you feel that way but the VisualRF Plan tool is free.
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Yes, but free is never free. 

1)  It's PC only, we're a mac shop.  Before I could pull it up just fine (as could any of my team), but now I'll need to install it in a VM somewhere.

2)  All of the maps will need to be redone.  That's 3 buildings with multiple floors, with 80 APs to be placed on the map.

It's just frustrating.  Many of us just need simple reporting tools. 

Scott Miller
Super Contributor I

I was told with new function such as APPSRF Aruba will need to resource for the newer features and the not so much in use features will be gone. These features are currently in Airwave. This is definitely a feature that I will miss as it has help me won a lot of deals in the past,

Normal Guy
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: