Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Anyone deployed IAP-274/275 at dock / marine / sea ports?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Anyone deployed IAP-274/275 at dock / marine / sea ports?

Posted Aug 04, 2016 03:40 AM

Hi Airheads ,

Good morning,

I would like to to get some info or advises from pepole that already deployed IAP/274/275 solutions at sea ports in order to connect 3rd part vendor ap-client. (that doing NAT to devices behind him)

Anything i need to know ? Any tips ?

Client would like to use 5Ghz.... (Isn't it a problem with weather radars or sea radars?)

Please advise.

Regards,

Me

• 2.  RE: Anyone deployed IAP-274/275 at dock / marine / sea ports?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 08:32 AM

I have supported a few marinas where they deployed AP-275s along the pier to allow their clients to use when on a boat, or to connect CPE types of devices to the AP-275. So long as you are using a crypto that the CPE devices will support, you should be fine. In most cases WPA2-PSK is perfectly acceptable. 

• 3.  RE: Anyone deployed IAP-274/275 at dock / marine / sea ports?

Posted Aug 04, 2016 11:05 AM

Are there any special requirments some places might require class1/div2 certified AP's.  Are these 274's and 275's certified for my reference?

• 4.  RE: Anyone deployed IAP-274/275 at dock / marine / sea ports?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 11:21 AM

C1D1 and C1D2 or ATEX are usually for explosive environments where there are combustible or harmful/corrosive vapors in the air (which should NOT EVER be the case in and around a shipping area or a pier). 

If you do require that level of protection, say for a different environment, you would use the AP-274 and an Extronics enclosure that is certified for the use of our AP-274 in those kinds of environments. You can contact Extronics directly for more information but here is the data sheet.

http://www.extronics.com/media/391396/407298-3.1%20iwap107-ap274%20datasheet.pdf